Monday, June 30, 2014

Featuring a Colorful Hello

Happy Monday!

Once again, I am posting for the Colour Me...! challenge.  I actually made this card yesterday (gasp!) but left my craft room for dinner, then ended up watching silly TV all night.  So another Monday morning post it is.


In addition to the Colour Me...! challenge, I am also submitting this for The Friday Mashup.  We were asked to make a Hello card with sequins.  I have no sequins, but I thought these glimmer brads might do the trick.  It is also a Featured Stamper challenge card.  THIS is the card that I CASE-d.  I kept the honeycomb motif, and her colors are so similar to the Colour Me challenge, it was a win-win.  All materials are from Stampin' Up!  (including some retired items, as I try to make room for new goodies!)



My card base is daffodil delight.  I used a piece of long-retired Tropical Party dsp for the bottom layer and some hexagons.  Since the dsp had so saffron, I actually sponged daffodil to darken the color.  I ran some whisper white through the Big Shot with the honeycomb embossing folder, then sponged daffodil and pear pizzazz all over.  The lush chocolate chip satin ribbon was nice to use again.  I punched out a butterfly, embossed with polka dots, then added a bright glimmer brad.  My sentiment is from "Hello Again," paired with oval punches and a glimmer brad (from the days that pear pizzazz was an in-color!)





Overall, I am happy with this..and I hope to brighten someone's day with a summer hello very soon!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim 


5 comments:

  1. A happy and playful creation, that is sure to brighten someone' day! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me…!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look awesome here on your card, great work! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and bright, Kim! I love the patterned paper you chose, and the colorful hexagon punch-outs look great on the hex background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Kim! I love that butterfly and patterned hexagons you included!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the honeycomb back ground and sure wish I still had that butterfly punch hehe! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! Be sure to come back Wednesday to meet our new team and play along with our next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete