Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Virtual Stamp Projects Continue!

Hello Stamping Friends!


2 of the Virtual Stamp Night challenges were techniques I had never done before.  Today, I am showing my efforts with one of them:  Faux Tole.  Janeen gave us this challenge, which involves layering images.


I also used this opportunity to pull out yet another SCS color challenge I had skipped.  This one is right up my alley!  Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, and Indigo Island.

I embossed the old olive with the Cuttlebug stylized flowers embossing folder.  I stamped SU's "Field Flowers" on a piece of whisper white, which was cut out with the Top Note die.  I stamped the bloom with the 2-step image, first on the top note, then 2 more times on a separate piece.  Once I cut them out, I curled the edges using a round-tip stylus, and layered them with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday" punched out with the curly label.  I did a lot of sponging the fill out the scene.  Pearls and stitched grosgrain ribbon are the final details.



This technique was easier than I expected...I'm sure to use it again!





Thanks or stopping by!  You can still upload your VSN projects until Saturday June 14th.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment