Sunday, June 8, 2014

Virtually Colorful

Hello, and Happy Sunday!

I have 2 more Virtual Stamp Night projects for you.  You can still participate by uploading your projects to the SCS gallery, with these challenges by Saturday June 14th.





This card is for Lee's challenge to make a card for "Christmas in July"...even though it is only June!  I desperately need to get going on my Christmas cards. This was the nudge I needed.  I looked up a color challenge I had skipped and figured it was perfect: midnight muse, soft sky, and bermuda bay.  I kept a very clean design, using SU's "Angelic Joy" stamp set.  I needed the extra layer of midnight muse so that the elastic silver cord and filigree brad tips would not show on the inside of the card.  The horizontal strip is embossed with petals-a-plenty, and sponged with silver shimmer spritz.  (I actually had a scrap from a project 2 years ago...so glad I saved it!)  My angel image has just a bit of soft sky colored in, but I kept most of the image untouched.  The sentiment just fits in the modern label punch.  A couple of rhinestones add the final touch.  Since I missed out on ordering more midnight muse card stock, I will be adjusting this design with some slate card bases as I make a dozen for my Christmas card stash.


The next card was so fun and simple!  Lydia gave us a challenge to show "tan lines" in our project.  Once again, I pulled out a color challenge:  always artichoke, marina mist, and pistachio pudding.  I first stamped this sentiment from "Delightful Dozen" in artichoke on very vanilla.  Then I placed post-its across the vanilla layer and sponged along that edge.  I moved the post-its a few times, sponging pistachio in one direction, and marina in the other.  I adhered it to a layer of pistachio card stock, and ran both layers through my Big Shot with the square lattice folder.  The final detail is the addition of long-retired buttons and linen thread.   


Thanks for stopping by...just a couple more VSN cards to come!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment