Saturday, June 7, 2014

More Virtual Stamp Night Projects

Happy Saturday!
I'm going to start with a shameless plug.  I had to switch my stamping blog address...and I have NO followers here.  So sad!  I would love to have some of you join me!



I am going to post the other 3 challenges from last night here.  Today's challenges will be in a 2nd post later today, and one tomorrow.  So many cards!!

The first card is for a "Sitting by the Campfire" challenge.  I really struggled with this one.  It didn't turn out quite like I envisioned, but it's fun for a young happy camper.  My scene features "Lovely as a Tree" and "Under the Stars" colored with various markers (garden green, always artichoke, chocolate chip, early espresso, really rust, more mustard, smoky slate.)  The card base is crumb cake, and the frame is from Woodlawn Walk dsp, cut with the top note die.  The sentiment is from "You're a Gem".  Linen thread finishes it off.



The next card was much quicker!  We were challenged to make a project inspired by a book.  I just finished "Something Other Than God" by Jennifer Fulwiler...wonderful personal story!  The card base and ribbon are peach parfait.  I added a layer of pool party and bermuda bay pattern paper.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities, stamped in basic black, and sponged with pool party.  I used my bird punch to add a final detail.



Finally, we were challenged to make a retirement card.  I pulled out a tough color challenge from SCS that I had skipped:  summer starfruit, calypso coral, pacific poit, pool party, and smoky slate.  WOW.  Basically, I decided to just dig in with watercoloring this image from SU's "Summer by the Sea."  I added a bit of gray patter paper, and the large strip is from Blueberry Crisp dsp.  So happy to be using retired stuff!  Teeny Tiny Wishes and some candy dots finish it off.

Whew!  Hope to get other cards posted later!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment