Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mashin' in the Summer Sun

Hello Stamping Friends!


Today, I have a card for The Friday Mashup challenge.  We were asked to make a project using black and white plus one other color. I had a half sheet of summer sun card stock sitting in a pile.  One edge had gotten wet, so I probably saved it just in case I would have a simple project to finish off this long-retired color.



My card base is basic black, and I ran the summer son through my Big Shot with the Fancy Fans folder.  The main image is an old classic..."Thankful Thoughts."  I thought this image was a perfect match for this word bubble from the set "Just Sayin'."  I used a framelit to cut out the word bubble, and popped it up with dimensionals.  Black brads and polka dot ribbon finish it off.

I really like how this turned out, and it would be easy to make again in a variety of colors.
Thanks for stopping by! 
Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


3 comments:

  1. Kim, the yellow is so stunning on your card! The polka dot ribbon is a great accent as well. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a sucker for yellow (and yep, I still have Summer Sun paper and ink!) and this card is a perfect example of why I love yellow. So bright and cheery and the sentiment in the bubble fits the image perfectly!

    So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I love the bright yellow with the black and white on your card. Plus the little girl and her dog just drew me in...too cute That sentiment is perfect for your card too. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete