Saturday, June 7, 2014

Sweet VSN Challenges

Hello!  Time for some more Virtual Stamp Night challenges!


The first card tonight is for a color challenge which I hosted.  Yep!  I LOVE color challenges, so I needed to make sure the Summer VSN had one.  As a kid, I enjoyed having lemonade stands with my siblings.  So, I challenged stampers to use citrus colors of yellow, orange and/or green.

I pulled out some old bright card stock: green galore and yo-yo yellow.  The yellow is embossed with petal-a-plenty embossing folder.  The ink colors are green galore, gable green, yo-yo yellow, only orange, and a bit of sponging with bashful blue.  I also had an unopened spool of ribbon from a box store with all 3 colors...perfect!  My main image, stamped on a whisper white top note, is from SU's Fabulous Florets, and I spent a little time popping up the blooms.  I added some grass from Inspired by Nature.  The sentiment is from Just Because, on a scallop oval.  I made 2 cards, again working on my stash.







Next, I have a triple challenge card:  a recent SCS color challenge (real red, night of navy, whisper white), a SCS sketch challenge, and a VSN challenge to use stars.  This was very quick to make!  (And yes, I made 2!)  The card base is confetti white.  I used the SU pattern stacks for the red and navy strips and oval.  The ovals were cut from my Sizzix ovals die in the Big Shot.  The stamps used are from "Words of Courage."  I used a marker to outline the smaller oval to add contrast without more bulk.  The navy twine is VERY old SU twine...it feel so good to use my old stash!  2 candy dots add a final touch.




Finally tonight, I have this fun card..maybe my favorite for the weekend!  It may be my favorite, because it involves story telling...which I love to do!  We were challenged to make a card about what we did NOT do over summer vacation.  You know who kids always have to write essays about vacation when they go back in the fall?  Imagine a bit of...elaboration.  When I was in high school, I went on a choir tour to Europe.  I really did go up in the Eiffel Tower.  But my big dream is to ride a hot air balloon over the streets of Paris!  (Actually, I'd take a hot air balloon ride anywhere!)  My card base is island indigo.  I made a scene using the tower image from"Artistic Etchings" and lots of sponging.  The sentiment is from the same set.  The colors I used are always artichoke, pool party, daffodil delight, island indigo, calypso coral, cherry cobbler, and basic black

I thought I had the Up, Up, and Away stamp set...but nope!  Good thing I had this pack of World Spectacular DSP (unopened!)  I cut out a balloon and popped it up on my scene.  The large layer of and oval piece pattern paper is from the same package.  I added indigo twine and  cherry cobbler button for final details.


There is still time to upload projects for the Summer VSN...you have until June 14th.  Check out the master thread HERE. 

Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment