Thursday, June 12, 2014

Colorful Queen!

Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I have a card that is for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge, and the current SCS color challenge:  basic black, bermuda bay, crushed curry, strawberry slush, and whisper white.



 I went back and forth on these colors...even looked at other sketches...but somehow I ended up deciding to make a teen girl card.  I have a niece with a birthday several months away.  Can't believe her card is done early!



I layered whisper white and strawberry slush card stock on a basic black base.  I used my SU "Extreme Elements" stamp set to make the diagonal strip...VERY quick!  The main sentiment is from "You're a Gem," highlighted by the extreme crown, all popped up with a curly label punch and a touch of polka dot ribbon.  The other sentiment is from "On Your Birthday."  A few candy dots finish it off.

This card took very little time, but I am so happy with it! Clean and Simple wins the day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Love all of your colors and stamping! Cute card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great teen girl birthday card! I love the mix of colors and the fun images. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete