Sunday, June 1, 2014

Featuring Feathers

Hello Stamping Friends

Today is Sunday, that means Featured Stamper day on SCS!  Today highlights the talent of Laurie, aka lhs43.  I found a lovely, delicate card set using the SU set "Fine Feathers."  Since the Ways to Use It challenge called for feathers, it was a perfect opportunity to double up on challenges.

Here's where it gets really fun:  instead of the soft palette of pool party and baked brown sugar, I chose to pull out this WOW summer bright palette from The ColourQ.


My card base is celery, with a layer of whisper white.  I stamped the feathers with versamark, and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then used sponge daubers to randomly sponge the challenge colors.  The sentiments are from Polka Dot Party, Perfect Words, and Sincere Salutations.  Each of the cards have bermuda bay dotted ribbon, and 2 have a giant button...meaning hand delivery or extra postage!
Initially, I planned to have the colored layer over the whole card, with the sentiment in the center...but it was a bit much!  So I cut my sponged pieces in half, allowing me to make 4 cards instead of 2.  Yay!


Thanks for coming by!  Hopefully, I'll have more stamping throughout the week.


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous technique and great that you got an entire set of cards out of it! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete