Monday, June 2, 2014

Last Minute Coloring!

Happy Monday, Stamping Friends!

I had big plans for the Colour Me...! challenge this week:  a flower pot card.  I have only made one, so I figured it might take a while.  I thought I would do it yesterday, but got caught up in other cards.

So here it is, Monday morning.  I got up, showered, did my morning prayer, and realized the deadline is fast approaching!  No time for a flower pot card!

As if that didn't throw me off, even my camera is on low battery!  I hope I get this posted on time.  LOL  (I had to use my camera phone!)

This palette is YUMMY!  Even the picture makes me think of food...perhaps a zesty hearty meal cooked on the summer grill.  But, I went with a summer flower image instead (more flower stamps than food images!)

My card base is cajun craze, with a layer of cajun striped paper.  The stamps are from SU's "Field Flowers" which a great 2-step stamp set...great for quick cards!  I used the challenge colors for the image, plus some liberal sponging, all done on very vanilla.    The sentiment is from the same set, matted on crushed curry.  
The last detail is a button...wasabi?  maybe garden green.  But it works!  Bumped this card from 1 postage stamp to extra postage!

Thanks for stopping by!  I should do the next challenge sooner!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


2 comments:

  1. so glad you were able to get your card in on time... it is lovely! thanks for playing along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty creation! So happy you were able to use the CM colors this week!

    ReplyDelete