Monday, June 23, 2014

Color Me a Bit Sketchy

Happy Monday Morning!

Once again, I am having fun with the Colour Me...! challenge.  This week, I am combining it with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  The sketch shows a square card, but I decided to go with a standard A2 card since I don't feel like making a square envelope!  One of the DT members made an A2 card, so I think it should be okay.

I debated making a baby card, as the colors would be great for someone who just announced she is pregnant, but is unsure of the gender of her child. Then I realized that I always need birthday cards.  I am short on sympathy and thank you cards, too.


But I ended up with a general card that would be nice for any friend.  Everything used is from Stampin' Up!

My card base is strawberry slush, and I added a layer of whisper white on which I taped pieces of pink pirouette and pool party dsp.  Trying to get those on evenly took quite a while!  I lined up my white with grid paper to help, but it still took more time than I wanted.  It seemed a bit off, so I camouflaged it by embossing the whole thing with Petals a Plenty!  Because many on the sketch design team added images on top of the main layout, I decided to do the same.  This sentiment is from "Word Play," and I tilted it a bit for contrast.  Some punched out hearts and rhinestones finish it up.

This may have taken a while, but I like the end results.  Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim







No comments:

Post a Comment