Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Colorful Batch

Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I have 3 cards for one recent color challenge over at SCS, asking us to use Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie.  The "dessert" option was to add a fourth color.  I added Pear Pizzazz for my 3rd card...so much of it, in fact, that it looks like one of the primary challenge colors!






















Any way, I made 2 cards without pear pizzazz; both very Clean & Simple.  I intended to use some presto pattern paper, brayering on the colors.  I am certain I have another pack of that stuff, but I could not find it.  So instead, I took some SU glossy white card stock and ran it through my Big Shot with the chevron folder.  I then brayered the three colors in an ombre pattern.  Sadly, a bit of ink found its way into the recessed areas...I may need to practice more!  Both cards have a strip of pumpkin pie taffeta ribbon. The Get Well stamp is from Stampabilities, and I added some candy dots.  The star on the other card was in my stash; I had embossed it for another project, but it was too big.  Nice to find it in my drawer of punched and die cut items!  The sentiment s from SU's  "Perfect Words," punched with the modern label and embellished with candy dots.


The next card, as I mentioned, has a lot of pear pizzazz; namely a piece of dsp that had been on my scrap pile far too long!  This pumpkin oval was in my die cut stash, as were these bird wings which I used as leaves for my flowers.  The main image is from SU's "Mixed Bunch," stamped in daffodil, then adding cherry with the rock-n-roll technique.  Once again, I used my "Perfect Words" and modern label punch.  I layered everything on whisper white and added some candy dots.

There is NO dry embossing on this card.  It feels so flat!  LOL

I just read up on Operation Write Home. I have heard about it, but not in any detail.  It looks like such a wonderful cause, so I hope to send a box of cards by October 15th.  I may CASE some of my own cards to send along the way!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment