Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mashin' Up in the Tropics

Hello, and Happy Wednesday!

I have a card today that I am submitting for The Friday Mashup.  I nearly forgot about it, so I am barely getting it done.  I looked last Friday at the challenge, but set it aside in my mind because it calls for all new In-colors.  I have not purchased any of the new stuff (but I have a shopping cart full online, waiting for me to hit Submit!).  I think these other colors will work ok for now...


So, the Friday Mashup asked us to use Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, & Mossy Meadow, along with a summer theme.  I also decided to use today's Sketch challenge from Splitcoaststampers.






Instead of the listed colors, I used crushed curry, baja breeze, and always artichoke.  I pulled out my SU stamp set "Tropical Party," to make a simple layer of pattern paper.  For the smaller panel, I used a sponge dauber to make the sun, then sponged the sunbeams along the edge of a post-it note, then I lightly sponged the sky.  My sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes."  I rarely stamp directly on a card base, but this curvy phrase goes on easily, and hides and crooked stamping I may do.  Candy dots are the only embellishment on this quick, Clean and Simple card.

While the tropics make me think of summer, I sure wouldn't mind being there in the winter, either!



Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment