Monday, July 14, 2014

Colour Me...a bit Late

Hello Stamping Friends!

So...usually I post my card for the Colour Me...! challenge on Monday morning, just before the linky deadline.  But this morning, I had an eye appointment.  I intended to make a card last night and post, but I had no stamping mojo.  I just watched a bunch of "The Next Food Network Star" episodes on demand!

However, since I had done 7 of these challenges in a row (ever since I found this challenge blog) I didn't want to lose my momentum.  Plus, to go along with my personal goal of completing every 2014 SCS Color Challenge, I decided I would go back and do the Colour Me challenges, which started on January 1st.  So, here is the card I should have posted this morning, plus cards for the first 2 challenges.



My first card is a bit blah, because I was trying to get it done before my doctor appointment.  That didn't happen, but I had several elements taped down already.  I did not want to start over!  I still don't have any soft sky card stock.  I thought about using bashful blue, but decided just to use the ink.  I wish I had kept this fun flower from SU's "Mixed Bunch" a solid color, and add a center piece like I did with the other.  Hmmm...oh well.  The sentiment is from "Whimsical Words."  I ran the whisper white through my Big Shot, using the Petals-a-Plenty Folder.  And I was happy to have a chance to use this elegant eggplant polka dot ribbon.


Next, I have a card for the 1st Colour Me...! challenge.  

I am always in need of masculine cards, since I have so many nephews.  I decided to pair the island 
indigo with smokey slate.












 I stamped with both "Extreme Elements" and "Extreme Skateboard."  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday," punched with the small tag.  And look...I used bakers twine, AGAIN.  Love this stuff!









Finally, I have a card for the 2nd Colour Me...! challenge, featuring melon mambo and marina mist. My main neutral is (obviously) basic black.  



When I saw the color combo, I instantly though of this ribbon, which I ordered off the SU clearance rack a while ago.  Both spools were unopened.  Took care of that!  The melon mambo DSP is a scrap from some Sale-a-Bration...I didn't even cut it.  Must.Use.My.Scraps!  The sentiment is from"God's Blessings."  To add more depth, I added a layer of basic black that is embossed with the diagonal strip embossing folder.

I think it will be fun to see if I can catch up with the rest of CMCC posts!  It took me a while to catch up with SCS color challenges...but I'm up for another personal goal!  I think I will have to start doing my Colour Me cards earlier, so I can post "in bulk" again.




Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment