Thursday, July 10, 2014

Catching Up on Some COLOR!

Hello Stamping Friends!

I really should be finishing up a non-stamping project, but alas, I am procrastinating.  I made 2 cards today for SCS color challenges I had skipped, and one yesterday.  Just 2 more, and I will be caught up with the 2014 challenges!  I am also submitting the second card to Mojo Monday.

This first card was made yesterday, and it is actually this week's combo:  Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Calypso Coral.  I rarely use coral, but I am pleased with how this turned out.  A couple of nights ago, I was trying to get a certain stamp set out, but an avalanche came crashing down!  I was not hurt, and no stamps were hurt!  But this long-retired hostess stamp set from SU, "Wings of Friendship," landed on the floor.  Must be a sign!



The large image is a single stamp, so I used my markers to color it, then stamped on whisper white.  Really makes this image pop!  The sentiment is from the same set, punched out with the scallop oval and layered on retired Christmas dsp from my scrap pile.  Even the daffodil dsp is from the same pile.  How fun is that?  Bakers twine and candy dots were used to finish it off.




Next, I have a card with a very soft palette: Pink pirouette, pistachio pudding, and very vanilla.  I flipped the Mojo Monday sketch to go with my tea cup.

Once again, I was stumped!  I don't even have a full pack of pistachio pudding card stock; just the mix pack of in-colors.  But I kinda like it, so I will order some this month.  I had a 6x6 piece of retired dsp, Parisian something-or-other, which was perfect for this challenge.  Because of the vintage feel, I went with this "Tea Shoppe" cup, and small flowers on the horizontal strip, plus the vintage wallpaper embossing folder on the small pistachio layer. The Get Well stamp is from "Delightful Dozen," and the scripture verse is from "Words of Wisdom." I punched it out with the tag punch, to look like a tea bag.  Embellishments include ruffled ribbon and basic pearls, plus lots of dimensionals.  I wanted to add more color, but kept strictly to the challenge!



Finally, a completely different palette:  pacific point, real red, and pumpkin pie.  WOW! So much bolder and brighter!  I wanted a casual or playful image, so I pulled out the 2-step set called "Awash with Flowers."  I don't use it often, but when I do, I enjoy it!  My sketch is from this week's sketch challenge on SCS.  I stamped the line images in stazon jet black, and cheated a bit with my lucky limeade marker for the leaves and stems.  Gotta have my leaves!  The sentiment is from "You're a Gem," punched out with the small oval.  Pacific point was sponged lightly everywhere for the sky.  I embossed the pumpkin pie layer with a Cuttlebug folder, but most of it got covered up.  I wasn't sure what ribbon to add, and I am not thrilled with my choice, but I really need to finish this 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon!  LOL  I hope my candy dots stay in place!




Thanks for stopping by!  Now that I have typed this, it's time to get back to my other project.  No more procrastinating!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment