Sunday, July 6, 2014

Time for My Q!

Hello Stamping Friends!

I love to peek in at the ColourQ challenge from time to time.  This week's combo is great for a Patriotic card!




I had a hard time mixing these blues, but I am pretty happy with the result.  My card base is sahara sand.  It looks like river rock in my picture, but it really is sahara sand! The not quite navy star and layer are embossed with the chevron folder.  My subtles paper pack provided me with the striped marina mist paper for another star.  Both star punches are retired, but I am so glad that I kept them!  I used markers to color this long-retired sentiment from "Polka Dot Birthday," added brads and some retired hostess ruby red pattern paper.The ruby red brads and ribbon have been in my stash for years...fun to use them up!







Next, I have another card which mixes blues and red again...but this one was really tough for me.  It was last week's challenge, which I nearly skipped because I already had 2 cards for this post, and I was stumped.  I "cheated" a bit by adding sahara sand and basic gray. This image from SU's "Summer by the Sea" is wonderful...I will never give it up!


The card base is island indigo, with a layer of old real red pattern paper from a 6x6 hostess pack.  I stamped this image in Stazon Jet black, then colored with markers in the challenge colors...plus sahara sand and basic gray.  (I actually blended basic gray and bashful blue for the shirt.)The sky and water are sponged, and I decided to tear one edge.  The sentiment is from "Three Little Words," punched out with the modern label punch.  Loosely wrapped bakers twine finishes it off.



Finally, I will post a ColourQ card for 2 weeks ago.  I absolutely loved this palette, but didn't get it done on time.  Bordering blue was one of my favorite SU colors years ago; so much so, that I ordered several packs of card stock when it retired.  I still have a lot of it!  It was fun to bring it out again!


My card base is crumb cake.  On a layer of very vanilla (oops, it was supposed to be white), I stamped this beautiful image from "Just Believe."  I used markers to get the 2 colors on this large silhouette image.  I sponged a bit around the edges for dimension.  Lush satin ribbon frames the flowers.  After punching out a scalloped circle, I embossed it with my Manhattan Floral impressions folder, then lightly sponged it with some shimmer mist.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday."  Some tiny basic pearls finish it off...because I love pearls with satin!

Thanks for checking out my projects again!  Let me know what you think!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment