Monday, July 7, 2014

Color Me in Need of New Stuff!

Hello, and Happy Monday!

Once again, I am posting for the Colour Me...! blog challenge, and once again, just in the nick of time!



This card almost didn't happen.  First, I have no blackberry bliss.  In fact, I have not placed an order from the new SU catalog yet.  But I will soon, as I order once a quarter.  I was hoping to stamp with my demo this morning, but she was unable to come by.  In fact, I tried to entice her, so she could participate in my blog challenge obsession!  HA!  "Bring some blackberry bliss, please!  Including that yummy ribbon!"  Alas, 'twas not to be.  But she's coming sometime tomorrow!  My birthday is in July, so it's time for me to get NEW supplies.  (As if my craft room is empty.  Yeah, right!)
Then, I could not find the cord to connect my camera to my laptop.  Still can't find it.  Grrr.  So I took a mediocre picture with my phone, emailed it to myself, and posted it here.

THEN, some delivery guys showed up at the top of the hour with my new dryer.  I could write an entire post about the drama with this appliance, but I'll spare you!  
So, here is my card, featuring Concord Crush (which I love and wish was on the regular SU palette.)  I added a bit of basic gray and smokey slate.

The patterned paper is from that 6x6 pack  from the year this color was introduced.  Fortunately, I ordered another pack before it retired...I slowly ration this color!  I used markers to color this sentiment from a SU set that I no longer have.  I just kept this one stamp!  Could not part with it!  After stamping the image, I embossed the panel, just above and below for a bit of framing...then sponged.  This diamond folder goes well with the pattern paper.  I added 2 large white brads for a final touch.

For all the fuss, I am pleased with this CAS card! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim 


1 comment:

  1. Now there's a colour I have missed! Excellent choice for our monochromatic hue this week :) Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete