Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Few Sketches

Hello, and Happy Thursday!

I have a few cards to post today, each for a different sketch challenge.


My first card is for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  Last week, I spent some time going through lots of retired products to make kits for some friends who come by for stamping at my house.  I always include a 6x6 piece of dsp...because I have SO MUCH in my room.  I found this fun and lively print in a pack from years ago...when orchid opulence was still around!  It's called Shades of Spring.  I made up 2 kits for my friends, but decided to make a sample to give them an idea on how to use such a large print.  After I finished my card, I realized my circle and horizontal strips are a bit high...but I still like this.  My card includes the dsp, plus so saffron, regal rose, and whisper white card stock.  Stamps are SU's "Well Scripted" and "Bliss," stamped with black, so saffron,and pretty in pink inks.  The tools I used were the Sizzix circle die, large scallop circle punch, polka dot embossing folder, and dimemsionals.  The candy dots finish it off.


Next, I have a card that also features retired dsp...this time "Pocketful of Posies."  I have a lot of this left over; it has so many weird patterns, I find it hard to use.  But this hexagon pattern with the baja breeze on the reverse works well with this week's SCS sketch challenge.


The card base is crumb cake.  I added a layer of eggplant envy.  You read that correctly.  Eggplant envy, NOT elegant eggplant!  I had half sheets in a pack of rich regal card stock pieces I had hoped to sell ages ago.  At least, it is getting used now!  To coordinate with the dsp, I embossed the eggplant with the honeycomb embossing folder.  Using markers, I colored this sentiment from "Delightful Dozen" in baja breeze and early espresso, then sponged my circle with crumb cake.  My embellishments are bakers twine and candy dots.


My final card features last week's sketch challenge on SCS, plus this week's color challenge: sahara sand, night of navy, and hello honey.  I do not have any of the new in-colors yet (kinda miss my days as a demo!) so I substituted crushed curry for hello honey.

I decided to make a sympathy card, as I only have one in my stash.  I think yellow gives a glimmer of hope, both for emotional healing and for life after death.  My navy panel is embossed with the vintage wallpaper folder.  Again, I paired a sizzix circle die with my large scallop circle punch.  The sentiment is from "Thoughts & Prayers," stamped over a flower from "Thanks for Caring."The horizontal strip is comprised of images from "Bliss."  Lots of sponging, to add a vintage feel.  I paired up navy taffeta ribbon with crochet trim that I had also sponged.  A few tiny pearls add the final touch.

I made all of these yesterday; it felt good to focus on sketches again instead of just colors!  Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim




1 comment:

  1. LOL! I know all about having loads of DSP around! What a great idea to use it up making card kits. Love your fabbo cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete