Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FINALLY! A newer card!!

Hello Stamping Friends!  

I am still on vacation, but I am showing you a card I made shortly before leaving.  This was for a splitcoaststamper "Hope You Can Cling To" challenge found HERE.  I was inspired by the cake with various shades of pink frosting.  These challenges run throughout October, often feature PINK, and promote breast cancer awareness.  In fact, stampers are encouraged to send their cards to a cancer treatment facility in their area.  I only did one HYCCT challenge, and it was for a friend who just had a new baby girl.   I gave the card to her at the baby shower...and Yes!  The baby girl was kickin' a lot!!

The card base is basic gray.  I used blushing bride pattern paper and rose red to make a large scalloped store "awning" using my Tasteful Trim sizzix die.  The image and sentiment are from My Favorite Things "Baby Bump" set.  I used markers to color the image, and I added a sidewalk to ground this mamma.  A touch of seam binding in pear pizazz adds contrast, and polka dot embossing adds playful texture.


Even this sentiment fit in the word window punch, paired with my modern label punch...perfect!

That's it for vacation-time posts.  No idea when I will post again.  But I do know I have a LOT of Christmas cards to make!  Yikes!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


1 comment: