Saturday, December 21, 2013

Some Catching Up...Again

So today, I decided to make some belated birthday cards.  I wanted to incorporate past color challenges, since I had set a goal to do each 2013 Color Challenge from Splitcoaststampers.  I pulled out my midnight muse card stock, and had a piece that was embossed and spritzed, left over from last December!  So, I decided to look for a challenge using that color.  As I began to design a card, I though that I had done it before.  Yup.  Just didn't put it in my color challenge file.  I made it for the September Virtual Stamp Night, along with another color challenge.  So here they are...


This first card is the one that prompted my memory.  The colors are midnight muse, pear pizzazz, and strawberry slush.  I used the rock-n-roll technique on this fabulous tea cup from Stampin' Up (Tea Shoppe?).  The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen, with circle and scallop circle punches.  The tag punch makes a great tea bag! 


This next card uses 5 colors...very rare for a SCS color challenge.  They are indigo island, pool party, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, and strawberry slush.  The kites and sentiment are from SU's "Send Me Soaring."  I embossed with the cloudy day embossing folder, then lightly sponged.  The kites are cut out and popped up with dimensionals.  The striped paper is from the 12x12 pattern paper stack.  Ruffled ribbon is my favorite detail.

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment