Sunday, December 29, 2013

Snowy Birthdays by the River!


Hello Stamping Friends!

I made several cards this weekend, hoping to finish up the 2013 SCS color challenges, but I can tell it is not going to happen!  I have various things to do for work before the New Year, and if I only make cards, I'll be in trouble!

But I did a few cards that I will post over the next few days, each using a color challenge.  Turns out I did all but 16 2013 color challenges...not bad!

Two challenges from last spring used river rock.  Not my favorite color, but it did grow on me.  Ironically, SU has retired this color, but I did buy a couple of packs which will last me a while.  Since I needed winter birthday cards, I pulled out SU's "Serene Snowflakes" for both cards, and I am very happy with them!





The first card has river rock, elegant eggplant, and melon mambo.  Weird colors for snow, but yet I think it's kinda fun!  The sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes," stamped on a scallop circle.  The rick-rack ribbon is several years old from SU ribbon essentials...I may finish off the role before spring!  Some river rock dsp and sponging add simple finishing details.











Initially, I started that card for one of my sisters-in-law, but it has way to much pink for her!  When I saw the next color challenge, I knew it would be a better fit for her:  river rock, baja breeze, and not quite navy.  I made snowflake pattern paper again, and cut it into panels.  The large snowflake is cut out, and popped up with dimensionals.  Of course, "Teeny Tiny Wishes" is paired with the word window and modern label punches.  Taffeta ribbon and rhinestones add some pretty detail.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment