Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Belated Colorful Birthdays

In January, I set out to complete each color challenge on SCS, knowing fully well that it would be tough!  I did not add the pressure of doing them "on time" or in order...thankfully!

I also set out to make 120 Christmas cards.  That didn't happen.  Not even close.  My mojo was GONE.  Just last week, I decided not to worry about Christmas cards any more; I would just send out a Christmas letter.  Once I did that, I felt a burden lifted...and I made 5 cards!  I needed several cards for birthdays and a couple of baby cards.  Here are the belated birthday cards I created:

Remember in my last post I stated I started a color challenge card and felt like I had already used this color combo?  Well, I did use it before, but it is such a nice combo that I don't mind using it again!  The colors are Midnight Muse, Strawberry Slush and Pear Pizzazz.

My card base is confetti white.  I used the SU "Snow Much Fun" stamp set, embossed in black.  Then I colored the images with markers.  The midnight muse is TOO dark for that bird on top.  Wish I had just made them both strawberry.  My tree is actually old olive because that is what I thought I needed...and the colors are very close any way.  The DSP that I used for a layer is from a retired baby print package from SU, so I managed to get pear pizzazz in there!  The midnight muse is left over from a card I made last year!  Embossed with Plenty of Petals folder, sponged with silver shimmer, and edged with the decorative scallop punch, it adds a lot of detail!  You cannot tell, but there is a bit of sponging on the snow with a silver shimmer spritz mix also.  My sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes (also SU), and I finished it off with ruffled ribbon.



Having a half sheet in confetti white, I decided to make another card; this one for the color challenge to use Soft Sky, Night of Navy, and Cajun Craze.  I really thought I had a stamp with "warm wishes," but no such luck.  I decided to stick with the cajun color for my coffee pot (from SU "Morning Cup"), and hand write the sentiment.  I thought it was a nice contrast to the cool tones that I sponged on the snowflake embossed background.  I guess I can also say that this card was for my nephew who just turned 21. Hope he didn't need to much coffee the next morning!  *wink* Striped grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.






My last belated birthday card (from this stamping day!) uses shades of blue:  Marina Mist, Midnight Muse, and Baja Breeze.  I used SU's "Serene Snowflakes" to make my own pattern paper.  Another run of the snowflake embossing folder in my Big Shot added much needed texture.  The circle was in my stash of pre-cut pieces, coming from my Sizzix circle die.  The sentiment is the same one in the first card, from Happiest Birthday Wishes.  I used my corner rounder punch...messed up a bit on the sentiment.  But, hey.  This and all the b-day cards I send out to family include a DQ gift card!  That makes up for smudges, crooked sentiments, double punched corners, or being LATE cards...right??

Thanks for stopping by!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment