Thursday, December 26, 2013

New Babies! WooHoo!!

Since I work for a pro-life ministry, you might have guessed that I LOVE babies...and mommies too!  I make cards for the ministry sometimes.  But it is also fun to make cards for my own family and friends.

Pulling out the SCS color challenges again, here are 2 cards I needed this month.  These cards are quite simple, which is good during a busy time of year.  One friend had a little boy, the other friend had a little girl.  Both are simply precious!!

My baby boy card features a new SU color, Coastal Cabana, combined with Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  The "dessert option" was to use dots.  I used sponge daubers to make a polka dot background with the turquoise and cabana colors.  The striped ribbon goes back a few years, when pacific point was first introduced.  The baby image is even older, from SU's "Baby's Firsts", and the sentiment is from "Baby Prints."  I love that the words are on different stamps, so you can place them any where you like...such as above AND below an image!  The polka dot DSP is also retired SU stash.  "Teeny Tiny Wishes" shows up with the word window punch, and a new bright "candy dot".  Much like a brad, but since it is flatter, it adds less bulk to your card.  Love them!





The baby girl card features melon mambo, old olive, and daffodil delight.  The colors were posted back in August, which makes sense since they are bright and summery.  But with a baby girl born in December, I figured these would work just fine.  I used confetti white for the card base, plus an extra layer.  That layer
is embossed with petals-a-plenty and sponged with melon mambo.  The image is from "Baby Firsts" again, punched out with my scallop circle and sponged around the edges.  I used the same sentiment from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" this time paired with the word window and modern label punches.  Of course, I have a healthy dose of dimensionals!  I added satin ribbon, with a small button and rhinestone for the last detail.

Thanks for stopping by!  It has been fun catching up on some color challenges with you.  I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment