Saturday, December 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Leilani!

While I have quite a knack for belated birthday cards, this one was done EARLY!!  I saw my great-niece along with the rest of my hubby's side of the family (the ones in IL/IN) on Dec. 22nd.  I was happy to give this card to my beautiful niece, who has three beautiful kids.  Her youngest, Leilani, was born on this day, the 28th, while her husband was stationed in Hawaii.  They have since moved back to Indiana to be close to family.  We are so happy to see all of these kids more now that they live close by!

The card works for yet another color challenge (still have many to do!) from SCS:  Blushing Bride, Real Red, and Gumball Green.  I dry embossed the whisper white, using this snowflake embossing folder in my Big Shot.  I lightly sponged the raised area with blushing bride ink.  The snowman is from SU's "Snow Much Fun" embossed in black, then colored with markers.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday" paired with a circle and scallop circle punch.  I added gumball green ribbon to match my snowman's scarf.

The year is almost done...I wonder how many more color challenges I will complete.  Stay tuned to find out!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim




1 comment:

  1. So cute, love that snowman and the embossing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete