Monday, October 21, 2013

Special Occasions

Hello everyone!  Another quick post with Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  

The first is a very funky (in my opinion) card...it looks like I didn't know when to stop!  I made these non-stamped flowers and sun...hmmm.  Haven't mailed this because I don't know if I like it!  I used one of my sizzix flower dies (blossom builder??) with baja breeze and very-retired DSP from SU.  My other card stock is whisper white and kiwi kiss.  Two ribbons were used...taffeta kiwi kiss and daffodil delight, and flower brads serve as the center of each flower.  I also used my top note die and the circle and word window punches.  This card will either take extra stamps...or get hand delivered.



I like this next card much better...and it was mailed to my oldest brother and his wife.  The card base is early espresso.  The dsp is Nature Walk (I think), and I stamped sentiments from Word Play and Teeny Tiny Wishes on very vanilla.  I distressed the pattern paper, and even sponged the crochet trim and marina mist satin ribbon.  The large pearls were the final touch.  


Finally, here is a unique baby card, inspired by a photograph.  The color combo is different, but this card is for a young couple who have an amazing photography business together (Wright Photographs).  Their website actually uses gray and a yellow similar to this summer starfruit, and the pool party was just different!  The card has chevrons, ruffles and even a bit of polka dots! Kelsey & Blaine have taken photos of many of our clients at Women's Care Clinic (where I work) and Kelsey's mom was our first Nurse Manager.  I was so happy when they announced their baby was on the way...and she is adorable!  It was fun to make this card for them.


Eventually, I will get caught up.  Thanks again for peeking in!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment