Thursday, October 17, 2013

For Teens and Tweens

Hello again, Stamping Friends!

Today, I am posting 2 more Dare to Get Dirty projects.  The first also met a Virtual Stamp Night challenge for opposites attract.  We were challenged to use the same stamp set to make a feminine AND a masculine card.  I used my SU sets On Your Birthday and Extreme Elements sets.  Making my own designer paper, the girl card features retired bold bright colors (I still have the ink and a little bit of card stock!) of green galore, lovely lilac, and pixie pink.  The gem and ribbon are from a big craft store, but I have no idea what brands.  The boy card features not quite navy, bravo burgundy, and early espresso.  I actually prefer these colors!  Also, I used twine instead of ribbon.  Both cards were made using the ticket corner and decorative label punches.



Next is this one layer card that I made for a teen who had major surgery and an extended hospitalization this summer.  I didn't really care for it, but the DTGD hostess picked it as one of her favorites!  WooHoo!  The card stock is lucky limeade.  The main image is SU's Extreme Guitar embossed in black, and the sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.  I also used Extreme Elements with versamark for a tone-on-tone background. Heavy non-SU black twine, along with a simple circle punch finish it off.


Thanks for hanging out with me again!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment