Friday, October 25, 2013

More cards from DTGD

Hello again!

I am almost done with my Dare to Get Dirty challenge cards.  Here it is, 2 months after those challenges were held, and many splitcoaststamper fans are in the midst of other challenges.  Oh well!  The dates of these posts are actually when I am on vacation in ITALY!  I hope next month I can get back into my stamping on a regular basis.

The first card was fun to make, because it involved making my own pattern paper...something I love to do.  It's quick, easy, and adds as much color as you want.  My card base is textured bermuda bay, and the other colors are pool party, baked brown sugar, and calypso coral.  The stamps are from Nature Walk, except the ever-present sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I also used my scallop trim punch and butterfly embosslit, both from SU.  The accessories are bakers twine and a button both in coral.


Here is another card featuring hearts, like my last post.  The colors are 3 new ones from SU:  baked brown sugar, strawberry slush, and pistachio pudding, all of which matched up with a SCS color challenge.  Love the new ruffled ribbon!  Once again I used the CB embossing folder and heart-to-heart punch, plus the regular heart punch.  I also used sponge daubers to color some of the background hearts.  The sentiment is from SU's Perfect Words.


This next card is probably my favorite from all of the DTGD cards  I made this year!  Love this sketch...and so I *must* use it for a Christmas card design!  The colors came from this retired SU DSP Elegant Soiree: Baja breeze, not quite navy, soft suede, crumb cake, and very vanilla.  I will be so sad when I finally use all of this up!  I cut off the lower portion of the striped piece, and used it inside.  Great way to carry on the design.  The image is from Friends Never Fade, colored with markers, using the "thumping" technique.  The sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers, with a scallop punch and a touch of sponging.  



Always good to have you stop by!  See you again soon...

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment