Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blast from the Past

Past stamping projects, that is.

Hello Stamping Friends!  Since I had not posted cards for quite a while on my old blog...and because I want to get this one up and running...I am going to post some cards from earlier this summer.  Hopefully, I will get to some newer cards soon!

The first card is a simple congratulations for a young friend with a new job.  The dsp is from Hobby Lobby, which I used for the arrow and the background behind the sentiment from SU's Word Play.  The card base is rose red, layered with whisper white, embossed with chevrons.  Wisteria wonder baker's twine and rounded corners finish it off.


The next card features lots of retired SU goodies...taken with teal card base and some dsp whose name I have forgotten.  The sentiment is from All Holidays, colored with teal, rust, and espresso markers.  I made a quilt pattern with the dsp, and cut it out with the top note die in my big shot.  A touch of striped ribbon and a wood look button finish it off.  


Finally, a birthday card for one of my many nephews.  Card base is night of navy; the first white layer is embossed using the belleek method.  This involves inking one side of the embossing folder before placing the paper inside.  I used night of navy, but it is hard to tell:  should have re-inked it first!  The embossing folder is divine swirls.  I used SU's The Open Sea to make my own dsp, using real red, night of navy, and bordering blue inks.  The sentiment is from On Your Birthday.  A few brads wrap it up.



That's it for today!  I will be back soon!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment