Thursday, August 14, 2014

Freshly Made Art

Hello, Stamping Friends!

Today I have a card featuring new stamp goodies...finally!  Since I am not working, I really have to watch my spending.  But I could not handle being with out the new blackberry bliss in-color!  I ordered card stock, markers, this 4x6 dsp pack, and some blackberry ribbon, plus a few other supplies that had run out.  Happy happy!  My demo delivered them to my house yesterday, so I decided to play along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  It's a great layout for showing off my new pattern paper.




The stamp set I used is the new "Work of Art," which is definitely on my wish list.  My demo took pity on me, and allowed me to borrow it for a while. (Thanks Ramona!)  I used the colors from the "Moonlight" pattern paper: blackberry bliss, hello honey, and sahara sand.  The stamps are fabulous for random, abstract stamping.  I did not order any hello honey ribbon (yet!) so I took the marker and colored a scrap of white organza ribbon.  I used my embossing gun just for a couple of seconds to help set the color, plus shrivel the ribbon, which I think goes well with the chevrons.  My corner punch added a simple final detail. 

I will be using these stamps a lot this week before they leave my house.  Hope I can get my own set soon.  Oh, and I should mention that Ramona also left a holiday catalog behind as well.  Pretty sneaky!  

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love these colors together! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just adore the colors in the Moonlight paper? I love how you have pulled them all together with those "watercolor" stripes and dots. Thank you for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and this is a fabulous work of art. :) So happy to see you playing along with my sketch this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete