Monday, August 4, 2014

Color Me Daring!

Hello and Happy Monday!


I am posting quickly so I get this in on time for the Colour Me...! challenge.  I'll be back to add more details.  On Saturday, I began my quest to complete the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, but I only got 4 of the 7 done.  One of them is posted below.  Another, which I combined with a previous Colour Me challenge was a mess...so I hope to redo that one and post later.  Essentially, during DTGD, my room is a mess and I take pictures later because I don't want to lose momentum!

But it is Monday morning, so I had to post the card I made combining DTGD with Colour Me...!  I opted for team Haley, because I just LOVE blues and greens!  Plus, I had a severe lack of masculine cards in my stash.  I can't say what the DTGD challenge was,because it's a SECRET!  If you are a Fan Club member on Splitcoaststampers, you can see what this and all of the other challenges are.



My card base is night of navy.  The layer of garden green is embossed with the woodgrain folder.  I stamped this image from SU's "Lovely as a Tree" in basic black, then sponged soft sky and garden green to fill the scene.  I added 2 strips of denim ribbon...probably will changed that to 1 next time!  The sentiment is from "Whimsical Words" punched out with a tag punched.  I sponged it generously, then added a tiny bit of linen thread.

I could not find my camera this morning, so his was taken with my phone.  I knew I should have had dear hubby play photographer yesterday!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!



Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


2 comments:

  1. Love the sponging of the color! I thought at first you had watercolored it, that's how awesome it looks. Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is one of my favorite stamp sets! It is a lovely card and I love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week! XX

    ReplyDelete