Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Daring Trio

Hello Everyone!


I am moving very slowly through the Dare to Get Dirty challenges. I had this grandiose plan to make 4 of each card... 2 for me and 2 for Operation Write Home.  That means, I am spending a lot of time on a single challenge.  Tomorrow I will change that so I can get more challenges completed.  I can always duplicate later, right?

I posted one card yesterday...today I have 3.  Again, I can't specify what the challenges are.  These are fun extras for Fan Club members over at Splitcoaststampers.  However, I will give you some basic details on what is included in each card.


My first card uses some dsp from my scrap pile...yay!  Elegant Soiree and Bella Bleu are featured here.  My card base is baja breeze and the layer of crumb cake is tinted just a bit with some shimmer spritz I made (frost white shimmer paint + rubbing alcohol + not quite navy ink).  I actually dry embossed it first with the diagonal lines.  The not quite navy sentiment is from SU's "Blessings from Heaven" and the flower image is from "Thanks for Caring," colored with crumb cake and baja breeze markers, all on very vanilla and punched out with the extra large scallop circle.  Candy dots and kite string finish it off.





Next I have a Christmas card.  I planned on keeping it very simple with no coloring.  But I managed to get black embossing powder showing up in all the wrong places.  I used LOTS of different markers to color this image from  Paper Inspirations.  I sponged sahara sand and a combo of baja breeze and night of navy.  Touches of gold embossing were used for the crowns.  The entire image was cut out on my Big Shot, using the SU framelits.  My ribbon is long-retired purely pomegranate satin, so I used the matching ink for the sentiment (from SU "Come to Bethlehem.")  Oh...the card base is brushed gold, with the front embossed, using the fancy fans folder.





Finally, my favorite DTGD card so far.    Another baja breeze card base.  The second layer was embossed with the wood grain folder, then sponged with soft suede and pear pizzazz ink.  The image is a 2-step stamp from SU "Field Flowers." I used pear pizzazz, regal rose, calypso coral, and soft suede inks, plus sponged baja breeze all on very vanilla.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I added just a strip of soft suede polka dot ribbon.  This is very mail-able, so I made 4...and will likely make more in different colors.

4 each of these cards is great for my stash, but I better get cranking on the other challenges!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment