Monday, March 10, 2014

Friday Mashup is In Stitches!!

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I am taking a break from the VSN cards.  It has been a while since I have done a blog challenge...so here I go with The Friday Mashup!!


This week, we were asked to make a card using stitching and/or a masculine flair.  I chose to do both...but my stitching is of the "faux" variety!  Isn't it funny...faux just means fake, but say it in French, and we're all impressed!  LOL



My card is for a good friend from my Lay Dominican prayer/study group.  He broke his leg while cross-country skiing.  Ouch.  I just wanted him to know I was thinking about him.

Once again, I went to my scrap pile.  I had this piece of designer paper ("Well Worn,") plus a scrap of night quite navy and river rock.  My guess is that I intended to make something before, and never did.  Fortunately, I had enough to make 2 of these cards at once.  The card base is soft suede.

To coordinate with the striped designer paper, I embossed the NQN piece with the striped impressions folder.  I used SU's "Praying Hands," stamped in soft suede on very vanilla.  I tried to use my paper piercing kit...but with each hole, the guide moved a smidgen, so my holes are not straight.  Yep.  I can't even "faux" stitch in a straight line!  I used my early espresso marker to make the stitches, then sponged the paper with river rock.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities, in not quite navy on a decorative label punched piece of river rock.  Antique brass brads add the final touch.

I am starting to make 2 cards at a time, when I can.  That way, I can use one right away, but I add one to my stash.  Great way to make cards without too much design time.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to stamp more this week!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

4 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card, Kim. Great design that lets each piece and element stand on its own. Hope your friend heals quickly- he will be touched prayers are heading his way. God Bless and thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim your card is perfect! Great job at using your scraps. I have to get better at looking at my scraps and using them. That will be my next challenge for my self. Thank you for your inspiration and for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, glad to find your blog! I really enjoy this card, its always comforting to think about the hands of friends saying a pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. Love the "hand" stamp!

    ReplyDelete