Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm Back!

Hello Everyone

It has been quite a while since I have stamped, and even longer since I have blogged about it.  I have been deep in regular work stuff (a major fund raiser on the 24th), and my home office/craft room is a ridiculous mess.  Makes creative juices flow like molasses!  Well yesterday, I just wanted to STAMP, even in the midst of my chaos.  I needed an outlet that had nothing to do with raising money.  I also needed more birthday cards!

                                 
So I made 4 cards...2 each of 2 designs.  Here is one of those designs that combines 2 challenges.  I really like this clean sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, because it is so versatile.  I combined it with Saturday's Inspiration Challenge on SCS, where I found these fun metallic strips to add to your nails.

I rarely use my markers this way, but I decided to just draw the lines to look similar to the nail art.  Even my card stock colors were inspired by the packaging of the nail art.  I have a basic black card base, with a layer of elegant eggplant which was embossed with diagonal stripes.  I added some real red pattern paper.  The markers used on the whisper white are marina mist,garden green, night of navy, real red, and elegant eggplant.  Both sentiments are from On Your Birthday.  2 gold brads add a touch of brightness.  Everything is from Stampin' Up!



Not sure if this card is masculine enough for a nephew of mine.  I made 2, so someone will get this card before too long!

It felt good to stamp again.  I will post my other card tomorrow.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

2 comments:

  1. This is a great design! Love the slashes of color! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool graphic card! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete