Friday, March 7, 2014

Virtual Stamp Night!!

Hello Everybody!!  

It's time for the "spring" Virtual Stamp Night, brought to you by our good friends at Splitcoaststampers.  The overall theme is "Weather or Not," and I believe we had a great batch of challenges!  Tonight, we had 4 challenges posted...and here are the cards I created, with some quick descriptions.  If you want to play along, you have until Saturday March 15th to upload your creations to SCS.  Here we go!

The first challenge was to use a globe in some fashion, and if possible, add some green.  The idea was based on global climate issues.  I used the globe from SU's "The Open Sea," stamping it randomly in baja breeze and gumball green.  I added a panel with the SU "Extreme Guitar" stamp, in midnight muse, and lightly sponged the edges with baja breeze.  The sentiment is from "Perfect Words," colored with markers, punched out and adorned with silver brads.  It is tough to see, but the gumball green ribbon is wrapped around a second layer of midnight muse, dry embossed with the diamond embossing folder.  I may use this for my hubby's birthday in July.


The next challenge was to use leaves...but in a spring design.  It is so easy to use leaves in fall colors!  I searched on my huge pile of scraps which I am trying to use up, and came across old apricot appeal and regal rose pieces.  These are from the OLD 6x6 hostess packs from SU!  Yikes!  Anywho, I used those 2 colors, plus wild wasabi and daffodil delight to make my own background paper with SU's "French Foliage" stamps.  The sentiment is from "Because I Care."  I added taffeta ribbon for a soft touch.  Punches that are used:  large oval, scallop oval, and scallop trim border.


Next is the challenge I hosted!  "In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb."  This is a common phrase to describe weather in March.  Ours came in like a LION!  I challenged people to use a lion or lamb on their cards...stamped, punch art, pattern paper, anything really.  I have this wonderful image from Our Daily Bread Designs, from the set "Peace on Earth.".  I stamped it in basic gray, and colored with blender pens.  The sentiment is BIG, and i had trouble fitting everything...so it looks a bit weird to me.  I did some tearing and sponging to help with spacing.  The card base is always artichoke, and I added a layer embossed with divine swirls folder (Cuttlebug), plus added gold brads.  I hope to tweak it a bit, and make 12 for Christmas.  


Finally, I have a card that is WOW...that is, white on white.  I really struggle with these, because I LOVE color.  We were permitted to use color for the sentiment.  My card stock is confetti white.  I used the flourish from "Baroque Motifs" and versamark ink for some clear embossing on the lower layer.  I thenused my heart framelit set to create the 4 hearts...embossing 2 with divine swirls and 2 with fancy fans.  The sentiment is in strawberry slush, from "Word Play," and cut out with the decorative label punch.  Streams of rhinestones add the final touch.




Phew!!  That's a lot for one post!  I will have more cards later this weekend...and maybe throughout the week.  Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment