Saturday, March 8, 2014

More Virtual Stamp Night - Feeling Gray

Hello Again!

I have just a couple of VSN cards to post tonight.  I spent much of the day at a funeral.  Never a fun way to spend the day.  At least I was with many wonderful people...


The first card was for the VSN challenge "Shades of Gray," calling for projects with various shades of gray and one other color.  I needed a sympathy card, so I made 2 that are nearly identical...one has been mailed already, and one is posted here.  The card base is basic gray.  There is a layer of smokey slate, embossed with the SAB vine impressions folder from last year, then sponged with kiwi kiss.  The dsp is Urban Garden, from quite a while back...cut into panels for interest.  The sentiment is from SU's "Thoughts and Prayers" punched in kiwi kiss, set on a scallop oval punch, paired with decorative label punch.  Silver brads tie it all together.





The next card is a bit more cheerful, even though there is rain.  We had a challenge to incorporate an umbrella...this Flopsey image from My Favorite Things fit the bill.  My card base is smokey slate, and the layer of cloudy paper was on my scrap pile.  It comes from the Sunshine & Sprinkles, as does the strip with colorful umbrellas.  I stamped Flopsey with basic black craft ink, then heat embossed.  Using blender pens, I colored him in with smokey slate, daffodil delight, melon mambo, lucky limeade, and marina mist.  Sponging the edges help ground the image.  I had just a few short rhinestone strips from a package, so I cut them up for the rain drops...which kinda looks like sleet!  The sentiment is also heat embossed and matted in melon mambo.

Thanks for stopping by.  It may be a gloomy day, but stamping alays cheers me up!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment