Sunday, March 9, 2014

More VSN...

I did more stamping today.  I intended to make 2 of the first card, but adapted it a bit to create the 2nd one.  The other card I made today will be posted tomorrow...it is not a VSN card.  (gasp!)


The first card is for the challenge "Use Your Negative."  We could use the negative space from a die cut, the split-negative technique, or other similar approaches.  I went to my scrap pile, and saw a strip of this retired dsp, Cheerful Treat, as well as more retired hostess pack paper in bashful blue.  I LOVE using up my scraps!  (Still have a LOT!) By having these scraps, my color palette was set.  I used this large blossom punch, then sponged melon mambo in the negative space.  I placed the paper flower on top to mask it, while I moved my "stencil" to sponge 2 concord crush flowers.  The leaves are done in lucky limeade, to match the card base, using the SU bird punch.  I added a corduroy brad and candy dots for the flower centers.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday" with the duo of oval punches.




Instead of duplicating the card, I got more dsp out to simply punch flowers, and I used a scrap to punch out leaves. I even had this tiny scrap of daffodil delight that was already embossed with the perfect dots folder.  I simply used a small circle punch to make the flower centers.  Similar card, but a bit faster to make.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I hope to do the other VSN cards later this week.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim




 

No comments:

Post a Comment