Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Time for a Mashup

Hello Stamping Friends
I want to make sure I get this card online, to meet the FM blog deadline, so that means I have 2 posts today!

For my second post, I have a card that is, well, not my favorite.  I don't know, maybe it will grow on me (hope so, because I made 2!)  I checked out this week's Friday Mashup, which is a sketch plus a get well card, plus a recent SCS color challenge.  Yep, I am determined to do each of the 2014 SCS color challenges...eventually!

The color challenge is pool party, basic black, and whisper white...so quite simple.  I decided I wanted to make a card that is gender neutral.  Last week's Friday Mashup encouraged the use of retiring stamps, so I pulled out SU's "Clockworks."  I just bought it, because a few times I have wished I had a clock image.    I thought the time piece might work with a get well "soon" sentiment, but now it seems kind of weird.  Oh well!  

As you can see, I used patterned paper for two of the layers.  Before placing them, I stamped a few images in pool party for a tone-on-tone look.  I added silver brads, including one in the center of the time piece.  The image panel was sponged with smokey slate and pool party ink.  The sentiment is from "Delightful Dozen."
Hopefully, I will get more stamping done this week...plus MAILING cards.  I am very far behind in actually getting these things postal.  Please tell me you can relate!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


2 comments:

  1. I like your card. I see the clock telling them to hurry up and get well soon! I like how you framed your DSP and how you used your brads.

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is a very nice card. I love the simplicity of the two colors. Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete