Monday, May 19, 2014

Back in My Colorful Mode

Hello Stamping Friends

The last few weeks have been intense.  I won't go into the emotional and confusing details, but I resigned my long-held position as Executive Director of a prolife ministry earlier this month.  I am hopping from moments of grief to moments of relief...making it hard to move forward.

But yesterday afternoon, I did a bit of my own art therapy!  I made 2 cards; each fitting a blog challenge and a SCS challenge.  Makes it a lot of fun.




Today's card is for this cute sketch from Freshly Made Sketches (barely on time!) and this week's SCS color challenge: real red, old olive, and daffodil delight.

All supplies are from Stampin' Up!  The card base is daffodil, and the square is from "Beyond the Garden" dsp.  I used a strip of old olive, embossed with the funky dotted folder I got from Sale-a-bration...no idea what it is called. The red polka dotted ribbon is from a Holiday catalog years ago, but I still have quite a bit! Using markers, I colored this stylized flower from "Friends Never Fade" then punched it out with the large scallop circle.The sentiment is from "Upsy Daisy."  A button with a touch of bakers twine complete the card.

I haven't been in touch with a particular friend for a while, so I will be mailing this card to her.  It's bumpy, but she is worth the extra postage!

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment