Friday, May 2, 2014

Mashing Up with a Mini Virtual Stamp Night!

Hello Stamping Friends... I'm Back!

My ministry fund raiser last week was a HUGE success!  We exceeded our goal of $110,000 and actually raised $134,000...WooHoo!  I have been busy doing follow-up calls and thank you notes, so I am thrilled to take a break with some stamping time.



Tonight is the Mini version of the Summer Virtual Stamp Night, and of course, it's Friday...so I had to check in with The Friday Mashup!  I combined the first VSN card with the mashup...so I have 3 challenges in one card!


All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up!  The mini VSN challenge calls for the focus to be on something that melts, so I chose this cute Popsicle from "Mouthwatering."  The Friday Mashup gave us a bright color scheme (tempting turquoise, wild wasabi, real red, and pumpkin pie, plus a neutral) mashed up with a kid card.


My neutral is baked brown sugar, which I used for the card base and the Popsicle sticks.  I colored the stamps with markers, and used one to add the year for this birthday card.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday," and I used circle and scallop circle punches.  The accessories are turquoise grosgrain ribbon, and bold bright candy dots.

I originally planned on 4 Popsicles, but they wouldn't fit very well.  I sure hope I know a kid who is turning 3 this summer!  Ha!

I will post the other Mini VSN challenge tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. First, congratulations on surpassing your fundraising goal, that is terrific!

    Second, love how you used the bright colors! Perfect card for a summer birthday!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! You did a fantastic job at incorporating all the colors. I also like how you did many things in 3's!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete