Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Sketchy Afternoon

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today we had pop up storms throughout the afternoon...then lots of rain in the evening.  Perfect for making some cards and watching the Survivor finale.  (Yes, I am hooked!)  All of the supplies for both projects are from Stampin' Up...though some are LONG retired!


I had only done one sketch challenge from SCS this year (though several off of blogs) so I decided to pull some out today.  My first card is last week's sketch, paired with a recent color challenge: Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive, and Primrose Petals.  I really like this combo, even though I think primrose petals is sooooo close to other colors.  In fact, I used rose red seam binding because the colors are so similar.  Oh well. No need to be picky, right?


I flipped the sketch, and brought out retired hostess pattern paper in the pear pizzazz and a scrap of the Delicate Doilies paper in wisteria.  The small oval punch is perfect for "Teeny Tiny Wishes" and the main sentiment.  My card features SU's "Baroque Motifs."  I love this set, but had not touched it for quite a while.  The flourish looks like a vine, perfect for this flower-like medallion.  I added bits of primrose to enhance the flowers...but the panel still needed something, so I added the word Happy from "Memorable Moments."  The large medallion was stamped with wisteria, but I took my primrose marker to the image before setting to paper.  The seam binding is scrunched for fun, and a glimmer brad finishes it off.

I really like how this turned out.  It took a while, but I made 2 of these.  I am trying to do that when I have time...always good to build up my stash of cards!

Next, I took today's sketch challenge to make a graduation card.  I considered looking up a color challenge, but I like to use school colors.  A young woman from our church choir and one of my nieces are both graduating.  Two different schools in two different states...but the same school colors!  Great time saver, as I made 2 of these cards.


I did not make a square card because I wanted to keep posted down...which is silly, because I added so much bulk ANY WAY!  Oh well...one card will be hand delivered, so it balances out.

The card base is pacific point.  The white layer was embossed in my big shot with the cloudy day folder, then lightly sponged with soft sky ink and a bit of kiwi kiss on the bottom.The large sentiment is from "Feel Goods," and "Teeny Tiny Wishes" makes an appearance again, as well.  I used the word window punch and circles #2 die.  The 2-step butterfly is from "Flight of the Butterfly," stamped on whisper white card stock in crushed curry and pacific point, and layered with crushed curry.  I used markers for the butterfly trail and the grass.  Some polka dotted ribbon and a corduroy button with a touch of bakers twine finishes it off.

Both of the girls actually graduated officially last week.  Better get these cards in the mail tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by again!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment