Sunday, September 7, 2014

Color Me a Bit Early!

Happy Happy Sunday!

It took me a while, but I finally got my weekend stamping mojo going!  I was gone for most of yesterday, and surfed blogs in the evening.  After church and breakfast this morning, I caught in the quicksand that is Facebook.  Ha!  But I realized that I have a very busy day tomorrow, and would not have time to complete the Colour Me...! challenge. I decided I better do it today, which is "early" according to my usual practice.  This week is the monochromatic challenge...always tough for me!  


I had some different DSP out, from Garden Walk, or something.  I wanted to stamp over it with that big beautiful "Swallowtail"...what a mistake!  I can never get that image even!  LOL  So...I had some paper from the brights pattern stack.  I used this side that is a bit lighter, and stamped the large flowers from "Inspired by Nature" in basic gray ink.  In the upper left corner, my sentiment is from "Work of Art," and I sponged a sun with sunbeams in daffodil delight ink.  I added satin ribbon and large pearls to highlight the birthday wish from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" which is layered on various punches.  I have a friend who LOVES yellow, and her birthday is this week.  Perfect!







Now, since I am stamping "early," I am back to catching up with past challenges.  Just as a reminder, this blog challenge at the start of 2014.  I had already set a personal goal of completing each of the SCS color challenges this year (not necessarily in order) so when I found Colour Me, I decided to do the same.

Here is CMCC #12.  These subtle color challenges are almost as tough for me as the monochromatic ones!

The cool blue tones made me think of a cool winter theme.  I stuck with that, even with the warmer pear pizzazz color.  My card base is soft sky (FINALLY bought some!) On the strip of whisper white, I stamped SU's "Serene Snowflakes" in soft sky and coastal cabana, then sponged soft sky along the edges.  My pear circle was cut with the Sizzix die.  I brought out "Zoo Review" for this cute polar pear, which is stamped in basic gray.  After punching it out with the extra large scallop circle, I did some more sponging and stamping.  I also added some Dazzling Details on the ground beneath the bear's feet.  First time I have used this stuff...it was stashed away...and now I imagine it will be used quickly!  My sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes."  I added some silver ribbon for the final sparkling detail.



And finally for today, here is CMCC #13.  I LOVE this rich, vibrant palette!  This is more in my comfort zone, especially as fall is quickly approaching.


I decided to combine these rich colors in my own pattern paper.  I stamped leaves from SU's "Gently Falling" which is a 2-step stamp set.  After using the cajun craze, crushed curry, and rich razzleberry on very vanilla card stock, I sponged island indigo for a dark afternoon autumn sky.  I matted it with island indigo and placed it on a cajun craze card base.   My sentiment is from "Whimsical Words." I paired the scallop circle (very vanilla) and extra large scallop circle (crushed curry) punches, with dimensionals in between.  I added just a bit of cajun striped grosgrain ribbon for the final detail.




So, those are my cards from today's little stamp fest.  Lots of fun!  I hope you enjoyed them, too!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

2 comments:

  1. One card is more amazing than the other. Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 great cards Kim - I love them all! Thanks for playing along with the monochromatic colour challenge over at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete