Saturday, May 3, 2014

Virtual Boat on the Water

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I made this card last night for the Mini Virtual Stamp Night...Summer Vacation!

The VSN challenge asked us to use water in our project.  In addition to the VSN challenge, I pulled out a recent color challenge on SCS (I have missed quite a few) which calls for old olive, bermuda bay, and night of navy.  I even almost did a featured stamper challenge.  I say almost, because this stamper has not been formally featured, but I CASE'd her card found here.  

All of the products used are from Stampin' Up!

My card base is confetti white.  My panel features the challenge colors.  I actually stamped the image, "Sail Away," on 3 pieces of card stock, using Versamark and embossing with white powder.  I then cut each piece into 3 pieces. This way, I will actually be able to assemble 3 nearly identical cards.  The thin strips were mounted onto a piece of white card stock, then trimmed to make sure it was even.
My bermuda bay card stock is the old textured variety; I don't have any smooth CS in that color.  That made embossing tough...but hey, it's not too bad.  VSN nights, you want to finish quickly in the right time frame!  I added this wide striped ribbon and a large button with twine for more detail.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched out with the word window.

I think this card would work for a man or a woman...so it is nice to have 3 of them.  For the moment; lots of cards to mail on Monday!


Thanks for stopping by again.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment