Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Touch of Yellow

Hello everyone!  

2 more projects for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges...and once again, the second project also met a Virtual Stamp Night challenge.

I do not use yellow very often, and use it as a primary focus even less.  But these cards both came about the same weekend!

The first card just features a bunch of hearts, almost in a sunbeam pattern.  I have a plastic container of hearts punched out with my SU Heart-to-Heart punch.  Lots of colors, but I managed to find almost enough in yo-yo yellow.  Fortunately, I had a scrap of the same shade to finish them off.  Eventually, my stash will no longer have some of these retired colors!  The embossing came from a cuttlebug folder, and the polka dot ribbon is from SU.



These next 2 cards are almost identical.  The VSN challenge called us to make a card using a technique in our comfort zone, and one out of our comfort zone.  Well, I enjoy using markers to color images (I don't have fancy ones, so my shading is not impressive)...but I truly struggle with paper piecing.  I LOVE the look of paper piecing, but it is tricky for my hands.  My cards feature the classic SU stamp set Summer by the Sea.  The main colors are marina mist, daffodil delight, and garden green, with a touch of blush blossom and bashful blue.  It is hard to tell, but i used the Cloudy Day embossing folder, and the grass stamp from Inspired by Nature.  The only paper piecing is the girl's hat and dress, where I used pieces from Garden Gala dsp.  I also did some sponging to add dimension...and satin ribbon finishes it off.


Thanks for stopping by...again!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment